Monday 15 August 2011

The van filler

I blame the internet. And alcohol.
After having won auctions for the Doppelport and the Pitty, we had booked the ferry and hired the van and were ready to go. And then I happened to click on one of my eBay searches ( eBay.de, motorcycles,MZ ES) and there it was. Es250 €100 BIN. So I did. And then realised I hadn't bothered checking where abouts in Germany the bike was. But luckily it was on only a couple of kilometers off the route to pick the other two up. And it was well worth the money. Although well weathered, it is a complete and original ES250, down to the flat slide carburettor and the gold early speedo. Unfortunatly the rear bodywork that would have carried the panniers has been cut off ( this is common on these bikes as it makes access to the rear wheel a lot easier), but the parts have been sourced!


No comments:

Post a Comment